Contrary to the popular belief, most of the woodworking projects do not involve the use of a garage full of power tools. To get started, one only needs seven basic wood working power tools which can be used for most of the tasks involved in woodworking and are essential. Being essential for any woodworking project does not make these power tools expensive as most of these tools are fairly priced in the stores. Given below is a list of seven power tools which are a must for any woodworking project:
1) Circular saw: It is one of the most important power tools when it comes to woodworking and should be considered by every woodworking enthusiast. It is one the basic and most versatile power tools which is a must have in the tool kit of any experienced user. The circular saw has great versatility and can substitute many other power tools. However, a beginner should be extra cautious while using this tool for the first time as it takes some time for every beginner to feel comfortable with its use. Once you get used it, this power tools can handle most of your cutting jobs in minutes.
2) Power Drills: This power tool gives the user the ease of handling a good number of drilling tasks. Cordless power drills are more popular when compared with the corded variety, however the corded ones are more versatile as the speed can be adjusted in them.
3) Jigsaw: The third tool in the order of importance is a jigsaw. A jigsaw gives the user the ease of cutting curved and circular patterns in large numbers. It is recommended to select an orbital-action corded model as it is very comfortable to handle and the blades in this model can be changed easily.
4) Random Orbital Sander: This power tool is the next in the list as it sands in random motion and is affordable and can use plain sandpaper as well. The random motion of the orbital sander minimizes any possibility of sanding marks on the stock. While selecting a random orbital sander, one should check with ones local woodworking store, if they have the sanding disks available for the selected model.
5) Table Saw: Any experienced user would confirm that a table saw is one of the most important power tools in a tools box. While selecting a table saw, it is better to go for the one with the best quality which fits in your budget, as this is one tools which can be used for a very long time.
6) Compound Miter Saw: The next essential purchase is of a compound miter saw which is relatively low in cost however is equally useful.
7) Router: The last but not the least in the list is a router which is useful in a variety of tasks.